Hallstar designs and manufactures specialty ester chemistry for polymer modification. The EXXATE® products, produced by Hallstar for over a decade, are high purity acetate esters used as cosolvents and tail solvents in coatings.
Hallstar’s Acetate Esters are high performance leveling and flow aids that are desirable alternatives to standard solvents. These esters are synthesized predominantly from branched aliphatic, primary alcohols in the C6 to C13 carbon range.
- Powerful solvents across a range of resins, miscible with most common organic solvents
- Slow, controlled evaporation rates with full release from paint
- Promotes gloss through improved flow and leveling
- Low surface tension for good substrate wetting
- Low water miscibility for blister prevention
- Longer pot life of moisture cure PU & improve blush resistance
- Non-HAPS, low density for lower VOC content
- In acrylic polymerization, less initiator required, higher gloss and impact resistance